Advertisement
February 2021 Birth Club

Puppp rash

Anyone have or has had puppp rash? I had bloods done & had no sign of cholestasis which is a relief. Went to my antenatal last week & was told that it looked like puppp & then yesterday I went again to my antenatal appointment & was told it didn’t look like puppp. It all started mild on my belly but now has spread to my arms, legs, top of hands & top of feet & slightly on the buttocks. I’m so itchy it’s unbearable. I’ve tried hydrocortisone 1% cream & nothing. I’ve tried dermaveen body wash & cream and really nothing. I bought loratadine yesterday & calamine lotion & it worked fir a couple hours then I woke up itchy again ugh it’s so hard not to scratch. Is there any test they can do to see if it’s puppp of not? 😣😣😣
user uploaded image
no reactions
Advertisement | page continues below
10 comments
  • Omg sweetheart I have no idea what that can be but it looks sore and painful! I pray for your speedy recovery!! How many weeks are you ?
  • Oh my goodness you poor thing, that looks very painful 😣 
  • Deniztokdogan said:
    Omg sweetheart I have no idea what that can be but it looks sore and p…
    39+2 & thank you so much 😣❤️
    Advertisement | page continues below
  • jenna_sla said:
    Oh my goodness you poor thing, that looks very painful 😣 
    Thank you so much appreciate it 😔❤️
  • Triana1999 said:
    39+2 & thank you so much 😣❤️
    Your four days ahead of me I hope your bubba comes out ASAP so it can settle for you! 
  • Oh dear. Have you tried Pinetarsol? It's really good to use in the shower for people with itchy skin. 
  • I feel for you! I have PUPPP too... yours doesn't look very friendly. I'm unsure about particular tests or if it's more just ruling other conditions out. Mine is so itchy but I get temporary relief from Pinetarsol (in the shower), aloe vera gel, and when sitting or lying down I put a damp cold flannel over the itch. All the best and hope it clears soon!
  • At the chemist there are other antihistamines that you can have while pregnant, it could be worth a try. Pinetarsol in the shower can help relieve the itch also if you have a bath you can get in and out of, a cool bath with bicarb soda in the water or 10mills Of
    bleach can help to get the itch to calm down a bit. Get some hand towels and wet them and put them in the freezer then when resting put them over the itchiness. This looks so hard. I hope bubba comes sooner rather then later for you xx
  • This looks EXACTLY like mine. How long did you use hydrocortisone for? At first it made mine worse but i stuck with it. 5 days later all of the little blisters have dried up and its no where near as itchy as it was. Im alsk using aveeno body wash and moisturiser with oats and cooling action
  • Omg. It looks so itchy 😭. What the woman body has to go through. Mothers sure deserve a whole year of recognition (Mother’s year)! As a FTM, am still yet to get used to my changing body. The stretch marks always gives me chills 😣

I wish I knew how to help you but am sending you all the love 😘

End of comments
Track your pregnancy on our free #1 pregnancy & baby app
phone with BabyCenter app
Advertisement