The views expressed in community are solely the opinions of participants, and do not reflect those of What to Expect. Learn more about our guidelines
Just so you know, What to Expect may make commissions on shopping links on this page.

Too early for a PUPPP rash… right?

Please tell me a PUPPP rash can’t start as early as 4 weeks pregnant?…

I don’t know why my legs are suddenly so rashy and itchy!?! I didn’t do anything… I woke up from a nap, put on a pair of shorts.. didn’t like those ones and then put on a different pair. 30 minutes later I was so so itchy and now it’s been like 3 hours of this random rash ����‍♀️?? It’s on my tummy too but I don’t feel like showing everyone my stretch marks lol.

Google is scaring me saying it’s a PUPPPs rash and the only way those go away is by delivering the baby. Which… um… is in a really long time from now ��

Like Love Hug Funny Sad Wow
7 Comments
Oldest First
b
baileyswartwout

I don’t think you can have PUPPPs rash this early. My sister has had it with two of her pregnancies and both times it developed near the end of the 3rd trimester! Have you started using a different laundry soap or lotion that could be bothering your skin maybe?

Kalecat1997
@baileyswartwout,

no I haven’t but these shorts had been laying under my bed for a while so maybe dusty?? So weird. Google suggested maybe just the body adjusting to the influx of hormones…

But I’ve had a baby before and never had this ����‍♀️!

g
glitchgirl

I had the same kind of problem a few days ago ER didn't know what it was but they gave me a tiny steroid pill and it's been gone for good

Kalecat1997
@glitchgirl,

have you been pregnant before? This is my second baby but I never had anything like this before �� it’s spreading up my tummy too… so odd

g
glitchgirl
@Kalecat1997,

yes this is my third pregnancy I've never experienced anything like it either! it got worse for me over a period of 3 days so I just decided to go to the ER. they may not have been able to tell me what was wrong but they did help it to go away

j
jmwkmorgan

My last baby I got pupps early second trimester.

s
snowie12

My last baby i got it in the first trimester